Saturday, December 27, 2008

Coming out of the Cleft

Its been a while since I have blogged, but now I'm back from nestling in the cleft of the rock (Songs of Solomon 2:14) and am ready to tell of His beauty and how He has really changed my life completely, changed who I am and pretty much everything about me.

Selah ~ Contemplate

I testify the God I know is not boring. Look around you - creation declares His imagination, His creativity and His beauty. People who have not experienced Him personally - even within the church - perceive Him as boring (I did for a long time) as they have not truly experienced what it means to bask in His love and let it change you inside out. Those who have not learned to listen to Him, or who have a twisted perception of His character will misjudge Him this way. But for those of us who have tasted and seen that He is good will never be the same.
(Job 42:5 I had heard about you with my own ears, but now I have seen you with my own eyes. ... )

He is amazing, exciting and immeasurable in His mercy and love!
Having seen a little of who He is, I am abandoned to Him now, there is no going back.

As I have been prayer jouralling over the last month, the Lord has spoken to me many "poems".
To be honest, although I have always enjoyed poetry and took English literature as my major at University (I focused on plays and prose)- and so I have to confess to knowing little about the structure of poems. Hopefully the intellectuals of you out there can forgive my ignorance and simply let the simplicity, beauty and truth of the words He has spoken through my pen penetrate your heart (as they have mine).

Agape~
Laura

Songs 6:3
"I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine."