Monday, June 16, 2008

Publish His Deeds...

Since I became a Christian almost 2 years ago to the day, I have felt God urging me to write about my experiences with Him. Initially it was just in prayer journals, not for anyone else, only for myself to remember with thank-giving how present He is in my life and the wonderful experiences He has brought me and taught me through.

As time passed though I have felt God asking me to share these, to "publish His glorious deeds amongst the nations" Psalm 96 vs 3. This is where it is all going to begin, where I begin to share my daily reflections on God's awesome self and his incomprehensible love for us even though we are like grass hoppers compared to Him.

Dear Heavenly Father,

I thank-you Lord for rescuing me, for drawing me close to yourself and transforming me in the light of your presence. Lord I thank-you for your love poured out so freely on me, and I long Lord that the love, mercy and forgiveness you have shown me could flow out through me and touch the lives of others.

Lord in Jesus name I pray that you would take the reins in this project and I would not type one word more or less than you have planned. Lord I give all the glory to you for I remember all too well that I am nothing without you and can do nothing spiritual without you, I remember with sorrow the pitiful, self-centered, angry kind of person I was when I was living life without you, when I was seeking only to please myself and to run after my own desires. I repent of how destructive that time was both to me and those around me. I thank-you Lord that you are a God of reconciliation, new beginnings and healing.

I now commit my day and everyday for the rest of my life into your hands. Use my words, thoughts, actions, hands, heart according to your will and purpose. I am your servant Lord Jesus and you are my Lord, I lay my life at your cross, because you are a loving Saviour and brother who loves and intercedes for me, even now you are praying for me in my weakness. I love you Lord Father and I trust you with my life, I will go where you send me, I will do what you ask me for I know you are a good and loving God who plans only what is good for me. Help me to be joyfully obedient in the difficult times, in the storms as well as in the sunshine that you might delight in me Lord, that I might bring Honor to your name.

Lord I know that I do not have all the answers, but I pray for the anointing of your Holy Spirit that I might know you more, that I might learn more about your character and learn to listen to and respond to your voice. I pray Lord I would be obedient to all you would ask me to write about and not hold back because I feel too vulnerable to reveal that part of my journey with you, help me to give freely Lord as you have given freely.

Finally I rebuke and silence Satan and His kingdom in Jesus name, that they would have no part in this blog, that you would silence their voices so that I would speak only what is true and what is from you Lord.

In Jesus Name I pray for your blessing upon this blog, that you might put your hand of blessing upon all who read here and stir their hearts to return when you have something specific to say to them through what You have written through me. Let me only be the vehicle by which the message is brought and not the author.

Lord I pray in Jesus name I could be like a mirror reflecting your Glory and not drawing any attention to myself. You are worthy Lord to be praised in my life and among the nations. You are worthy of time, meditation, prayer, worship and praise.

All glory and power be to your Lord.
In Jesus Name,

Amen